Search my Blog!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Final Credo

Shane Brabant
Final Credo
Eng 100 Tu-Th 4:00-5:20
Anicca Cox
Life’s Good!

After reading over my other three credo’s, I decided that there was a theme to my writing. There is a common idea that flows throughout the three, and I believe that this message is something I can more easily relate to myself and my thoughts about life if I were to rewrite it with this main idea in mind.

The ideology that was prevalent throughout my credo writing was that I am blessed, fortunate, alive, happy, learning from my mistakes and turning the seed of regret into a blooming orchid of understanding. Although there are many trials in life, many difficult moments and situations, many emotions and feelings that can create inside one a feeling of hopelessness and disconnection from the divine. It is important to hold in my mind the reality that these feeling and thoughts are transitory in nature. They come and they go, no feeling is forever, no thought is permanent. As surely as the sun rises our beliefs and momentary negative situations, like shadows on my soul, will reach the horizon on the edge of our minds, and be out-shined by the beautiful light of the sunset of understanding and personal growth. It is true that many times the winds of change can feel as cold and terrible as a winters storm on the naked skin of my future, but we must remember the times when the moments pass us by and leave us refreshed, filling our lungs with warm sweet scents of summer, and the winds of change blow by a smiling face and whisper encouragement into the soul. Life’s Good. This simple truth is extremely important to remember. When I find the shadows of my minds sorrow begin to collect on the dark edges of my consciousness and the terrible, lonely feeling of helpless, hopeless despair wedges its way into my mind, clawing and scraping into my thoughts, killing my motivation and filling my heart with fear, I need remember the love, the light, and the wonders of every moment of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment